Married to the Man of my Dreams.

Mommy to the most beautiful baby boy.

Loving Life and realizing everyday that...

it is All Worth It!


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Playing Catch up...

Once again it has been so long since I have posted and wonderful things have been happening every day. On April Fools Day we found out that we are having a BOY! Very exciting and unexpected. As I had posted previously Jason thought it was a girl and in the beginning so did I. To our surprise it's a boy! So the search for the perfect name begins. I am so glad that we found out what we are having - it makes it all so much more real.

I have just started to show. I will have to start posting belly pics - there just hasn't been anything to see up until now. Also - I can feel him moving all around. He seems to be more active at night which thrills Jason as he says the baby is already like him (a night owl!).

We still have done nothing with the nursery but we are now thinking of the blue/brown option since we now know which team we are on.

We are in our 20th week already and baby is the size of a Cantaloupe!






Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

The results from our ultra sound were great - everything looks just as it should and Baby is measuring right on track. His heartbeat was 164 and Jason got to hear him kicking. The Dr. is not thrilled with my weight gain. I have actualy lost a half of a pound which means I have only gained one and a half pounds. This suprised me as I feel as though I eat a lot and I am always full. So I will be working on my caloric intake. I need to gain 4 pounds by our next appt in May.

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Congrats on your little boy! Can't wait to see those belly pics! =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby boy!!!

Jeff and Kerry said...

Congrats on your baby boy!!! As far as not gaining weight, I constantly got yelled at, too, and could give you some pointers on gaining if you want them. Also, I wanted to thank you two for your very generous donation to the March of Dimes - you are too sweet!!! I still want to meet you one of these days - you could come over to meet the boys!