Friday, January 30, 2009
Can you believe that ?!?! That seems so big to me! Anyhow, the baby currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future!
So I am guessing that this means when we have our Dr.'s appt on Tuesday we will see what looks more like a baby than a bean!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thanks Kerry! Even though I have yet to meet Kerry IRL I have really taken to her journey and I look forward to her new posts. What amazes me about her is that she is now on strict bed rest at 26 weeks and is only allowed to be on her feet two hours a day. TWO HOURS!?! That is crazy - I couldn't imagine and for that she is, in my mind, Super Woman! And with this going on she continues to have a great sense of humor and a positive attitude. So thank you Kerry - I am honored that you thought of me for this award and I can't wait to meet you, Jeff and the BoGo!
Here are the rules I have to follow:
1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Link to the person who gave you the award
3. Nominate 10 other blogs and link to them4. Leave a message for the nominees on their blogs.
So here is the deal - I don't have 10 other Blogs to nominate. So I will nominate those that I read the most.
1. M. Joule - I know she likes her privacy because she is a teacher but her story is unbelievable. Not only is she struggling with IF but has also fought cancer. Both of which better watch out - she WILL kick their butts!
2. Tabitha - Ever heard the saying "Making Lemonade out of Lemons"? That's Tabitha. I love reading her ever positive posts and the quotes she leaves at the end of each quote. I have no doubt that she WILL make the best mom ever!
3. Marcu - What do I love about her blog? She has a great sense of humor and brutal honesty. I also enjoy reading her posts on The Bump.
and last but not least...
4. Melaine - Her blog has offered me a wonderful escape from IF. I LOVE all of her inspiring ideas and I am so jealous that she gets to live on a lake!!!
Pretty amazing, huh!?! I have been feeling better for longer periods of time. I hope that means that soon I will feel good all the time. ::crossing fingers::
Friday, January 16, 2009
Containers, containers and even more containers of baby/kids clothes! As well as baby/kids toys. Can you believe it!?! All because my sister knew that one day we would have our own little bundle of joy! For YEARS (eight!) she has been putting aside clothes for Jason and I that once belonged to my nephew and then to my niece. How lucky are we? I drug(?) all the containers out of the crawl space in the basement and started peeking in all of them...it's like Christmas! Plus we have a closet full in our guest room that I forgot to take a photo of. I can't wait to sit and go through them all - I know my mom and sister (and probably my niece!) will help. Thanks RK - you rock!
Monday, January 12, 2009
- Vitamin B6 - CHECK
- Lemon Heads, Jolly Ranchers or any sour candy - CHECK (to the point that my tongue just might fall out of my mouth)
- Crystallized Ginger - GAG! (wow - do people really eat this because they like it!)
- Crackers - CHECK