Married to the Man of my Dreams.

Mommy to the most beautiful baby boy.

Loving Life and realizing everyday that...

it is All Worth It!


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

Gratitude

Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? I did for a long time because Oprah said so... :) It was actually a wonderful thing. Every night before I went to sleep I jotted down 5 things I was grateful for from the day. So simple. Yet such a big impact. I learned to notice the little things that happened throughout the day that I was grateful for. The front row parking space, the green light, the stranger that held the door. All of these small things made the few bad things that might happen, well, less important. It really puts a spin on how you think of things and I became much more appreciative.

I thought about this yesterday morning listening to the birds chirp - sounds so Mary Poppinsish but that made the list in my journal many times. It is one of my favorite things - a great way to start the day.

I need to start that journal again - I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kerry said...

We kept a gratitude journal while we were going through fertility treatments, and it really helped when things weren't going so well. Have fun with it!