Married to the Man of my Dreams.

Mommy to the most beautiful baby boy.

Loving Life and realizing everyday that...

it is All Worth It!


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 6, 2009

16 Weeks

Once again - WOW! 16 weeks!?!? Where has the time gone. We have so much to do and we are already almost half way through the pregnancy. We had better get our butts in gear! The baby is now the size of:

an Avocado! I think we will have to have some guacamole (minus the margaritas) this weekend to celebrate this milestone!

Here is what Baby is up to:
Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice and his/her ears are close to their final position. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, Baby is about 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
Pretty amazing, huh? And guess what... I am feeling SO good. No more of that "all day" or "all evening" sickness for me :::knocks on wood::: The last time I felt crummy was on my birthday while we were eating (what was) a wonderful dinner at Maggianos. That is SUPER exciting for me because now I am loving being Pregnant!

Speaking of getting our butts in gear (beginning of post) Jason and I are going to work on the Nursery this weekend - How Fun! At the very least we need to get everything that is in there out and maybe get it all taped for painting. We have decided to paint the room green and then we can do pink or blue accents. See:

We will also be celebrating our Niece's 6th Birthday this weekend which means I will be baking a cake. Abbey's request this year: A horse cake. AND I get to go out for a girls night with my friend Trish for some PF Chang's and a movie. I LOVE weekends!

3 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

:)

kHm

Jeff and Kerry said...

Mmmmm, avocados. The one thing I craved constantly while I was pregnant! I'm so glad you are feeling better, Stacy - and I love the idea to paint the nursery green, and then add accents when you find out the gender. It's better to get started ASAP so that you aren't scrambling around trying to finalize stuff once your little one gets here!

ashley said...

Time flies by fast huh? Glad everything is going well.