Married to the Man of my Dreams.

Mommy to the most beautiful baby boy.

Loving Life and realizing everyday that...

it is All Worth It!


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

IVF!?!?

I called Dr. S's office on CD1 and Suzie got me all set up for my dates this cycle. I remember Dr. S telling Jason and I that we will do 3 rounds of IUI and then regroup. So I asked Suzie if she had any idea what the next step is for us. I, of course, was thinking baby steps and that maybe we would move onto injectables with IUI before the big one.....I.......V.....F. And wouldn't you know it, she says to me, "most likely IVF" {{heart beats faster, hands get sweaty}}. Apparently injectables are for women who do not ovulate on their own or who don't react well with clomid. The Dr. is pleased with my results on 50mg of clomid - I have been producing two good sized follicles and my lining has been good as well. Suzie also said that the Dr. might be okay with us trying a couple more IUI's (but at $700.00 and change do we want to!?!?!) So I guess we will pass that bridge if and when we get there. I have two days of clomid down - 3 more to go. I will go in on Tuesday the 12th for an ultrasound if I do not detect my LH surge before then. Hopefully I won't have to get a trigger shot this time - my bum was SO sore after that!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Did you mean Tuesday the 12th? That is the same day that I go in for my ultrasound to see if I'm ready for a trigger shot for my first IUI! Our cycles are pretty darn close, I pray this is it for both of us!

Stacy said...

Tab - yes I ment Tuesday the 12th. Keep me posted on your cycle. I am off to read your blog!

Jeff and Kerry said...

Don't let IVF scare you too much, it really isn't that bad...and the success rates are SOOOO much higher!